The third day of the JAE is my second day on duty. I could not take time off the day before due to the Economics lecture that I could not bear to miss. Speaking of yesterday, it seems that I was so tired after the meet that I was feeling sleepy all the way, although I slept through the night. Today's post might put some people to sleep, so try not to read this before doing anything boring if you don't wish to fall asleep just yet.
Here's briefly what happened. We arrived at Tampines MRT Station very late, and by the time we arrived at Temasek Polytechnic, the sun was already setting. It was about 8 when the first round started, and many things happened after that. I did not really keep track of the time throughout. It was my first time taking part in a friendly match, and I definitely did not know what to do, only until advice came in at the break in between matches. It was definitely the same feeling I had, 2 years ago while taking the Additional Mathematics paper. Mainly thoughts and worries about failure, little about what should be done to make everything go on the right track.
It was about 10.30pm when we all left for home, by bus, then by train. As expected, I was going to miss the last bus from Marina Centre if I alighted from City Hall MRT Station, and even if I managed to reach Bukit Batok Station at 12 midnight, i would miss the last bus home by mere seconds. So, the last option was, take the bus from Clementi Station(not much of a difference actually, but I was tired of climbing the stairs to get to the bus stop).
And, with that, we're on to today. I reached home at 12.20pm, and went to bed at 1, waking at 7.40am this morning. Although the feeling of sleeping through the night was damn nice, I still left home half awake at 8am.
I managed to reach class just in time today, which was unexpected. The Materials lecture was somewhat manageable, and at least the writing kept me awake through most of the lecture. Lunch was fine, but I guess I overdid it by eating a little too much, which made me even more sleepy after that. I was practically dead during the Engineering Mathematics lecture, struggling to listen to the first example before I gave in to sleepiness. That's the only module that I do not mind slacking, but still there is the need for revision, which proved to be true during the tutorial later on at 2pm. For the first time, I required help to answer all the questions. Got to ask about the remaining three questions on Friday again.
At 3pm, left for the convention centre for duty. Today was definitely more busy as compared to Monday. I don't really know what to say here, for many things happened during the 2 and a half hours. I guess everyone there went home with something today. The moment I reached home, only 1 thing was in my mind. Sleep. Took a bath, felt more refreshed, had dinner, felt tired again, and finally took a 30-minute nap before doing some revision(definitely not mathematical nor analytical stuff). Hopefully, tomorrow, I would not feel so dead.
No comments:
Post a Comment