Friday, January 16, 2009

JAE 09 Day 4

Today's JAE duty, was not really a duty afterall, it seems. Today, would definitely be the most relaxed day for me over the week.

I overslept, waking at 7.40am this morning. However, I was in luck for I managed to arrive in school at 8.40am. The lessons for today had a rather light schedule, allowing me to get some rest before 3pm.

However, it turned out that all that was uncalled for, as when I arrived at the convention centre for the final slot of the JAE duty, the place was very empty, and people were already starting to clear the area. Signed my attendance, and within minutes, I too, found myself helping to clear some of the exhibits there. I got the best job of all today, helping to carry the gigantic plane model(a scale which you would not find at the usual plane model stalls). The feeling was simply great! Comparing it with the A380 model I have at home(I sort of forgot the scale), I must say that this one is about 2 times its size! I'm still regretting that I did not take a photo of the model(although it might not be allowed).Guess someone's starting to get jealous. Along the way, it seems that others knew about my performance during the last semester, even though I tried to keep a low profile. It's almost the end of the second semester, so I guess even if they knew now, it's fine, as I have gotten over it, and I doubt it would affect my performance for this semester(extremely high times almost always spell really low times for me).

Throughout those four days, even if there was no cash to claim, or no points to be awarded, I would say it was a rare experience, to get to know more friends and lecturers, as well as gain greater insight about the course that I am currently pursuing. Apart from that, I have met students from all over the country, and perhaps, maybe even from around the world, although it was only for four days. It sure was interesting and fun, as well as a pleasure, to work with lecturers from the academic schools, although I do not know the majority of them. With that, I am so coming back to help again next year in 2010!

After that, I forgot to pack my texztbook for the next lesson, so, with the remaining time, I rushed home to repack my stuff, and headed back to school once again with a lighter load. Class was fun today, and at 8.10pm, we left for home. Looking forward to waking late again tomorrow, slacking the morning away and working myself to sleep from 2pm to 6pm over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment