Friday, January 30, 2009

Storm ahead

A storm is coming. It would hit home this coming Monday, and the earliest it would subside could be as early as next Monday. The latest, it would be around the 20Th of next month.

Next week, it's going to be a week of chaos, with the arrival of 3 final tests and 1 final assignment. The week after that would be more or less the same thing, except that it would be for different modules. Next Monday there is the Computer Aided Design Final Test, followed by the Economics final open book test and on Friday, the Engineering Materials Final Test. The Economics final assignment is due next Friday as well, and I have found almost everything I need to go about completing my 1000-word report. If all goes well, I can submit it on Thursday. The only thing that's worrying me for now is the Engineering Materials Final Test. It covers 5 chapters, most of which are relatively light chapters, but there's lots to cover, and there's only 6 days left to effectively revise everything. Together with the damage I received during yesterday's training, hopefully it would be reason enough for me to skip just one day of intensive training on Monday, so that I can get as many things done as possible by Wednesday to make way for more revision time. Oh, and I regained my drive to study this morning, which is late, but just in time for the final hurdle of the year.

Next up, let's head back to the past couple of days. Starting with Tuesday, nothing much happened, other than relatives visiting, and going to my cousins place for dinner in the evening, and ending the holiday by visiting my grandmother. Yeah, collected red packets as well, and as expected, each year the takings would increase by between 50 to 100 bucks. This year was a big jump although times were bad, so I did not really expect it. Nonetheless, would be saving up the money as usual for use over the next 11 months.

On Wednesday, went to class as usual, and covered polymers for Engineering Materials. One of the heavier chapters for the up-coming test, and it could be my weakest as well, as it covers a little on organic Chemistry.

Yesterday, had our Individual and the Community presentation, and we did well, meaning to say that we were awarded at least a B grade. It's over, so I won't be mentioning it until the day when the results are released. In the afternoon, had Communication Toolkit again, and was made the time keeper once again, although I was preparing to sleep through the lesson mentally. In the evening, I went full force during the 'live' sparring session, ending up with partial disability in my right leg and both arms, though I only felt the effects of the injuries today.

Finally, we're at today. I managed to do the mock test paper with little help, and it's definitely easier to draw the views using the computer. Saves time and trees. So, my hopes are high for the final test held this coming Monday, that's if I make the effort to revise for the test for at least 2 hours tomorrow and on Sunday. After that, went for lunch, before going to Our Space, where we had a small party before the Engineering Mathematics 2 lecture started at 2pm. For the first hour, I was definitely studying, only up till the final 40 minutes, did I take out the computer once again. At first, it was just to check the examination timetable, but gradually, as I went through the rankings for the electives, did I start to make things difficult for the lecturer(very sorry). Started chatting online, and others started checking and doing their elective rankings as well. That was during the last 20 minutes of the lecture, so, hopefully not much damage was done. Went to the library later on to slack, finish up the project for class later in the evening, and chat once again. Later in the evening, during the presentation, we did fine, though many of us were doing last minute work, due to lots of tests and projects coming up. Today also marks the last lesson of German level 102. So, if I somehow manage to pass this module, I would definitely sign up for the next level, and study for it during the holidays.

As for next week, well, I don't wish to think about it, except to prepare for the worst, in case things don't go the way I expect them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment