Monday, October 05, 2009

A Dream Too Real To Be A Dream

This is something I definitely have got to post. I had this dream on Friday morning. Something what made this dream special, was that it's another one of those dreams that I was able to remember every event down to nearly the smallest detail. Personally, dreams like these, have a relatively higher chance of becoming a reality in the near future compared to other dreams where I simply remember the brief events and the people involved.

I was driving a car(can't remember the make), before being chased by a police car in Malaysia on the highway. Was detained, and brought to a police station. (How was it, that I was able to drive a car whenI was still on my way to sittng for the driving test and getting my license?)I could remember everything that happened at the station. From the outsde it looked like a bungalow. On the inside, it was like an office. The walls were painted bottom-half yellow, top-half white. The windows had white grills. There were two officers, both Malay. The one who interrogated me, was the artise who acted in the series "Police and Thief"(weird,right?). As for the other, I did not really look at him, other than knowing that he was there, watching. Somehow, I answered every question truthfully, and the concluded that I was driving a car that did not belong to me(as it was a rental car)and that I had stolen the car. Weirdly, I simply acknowledged the crimes that I was found to be guilty of. And, the penalty to pay, was none other than capital punishment by shooting.

In that dream, it was so weird, yet it felt so real. I was so calm, yet I did not worry about what was yet to come. In that dream, I saw death as being born again, as though I had another life waiting for me to live after I had passed on. He took me to an empty room, had me facing the window, and held a rifle aimed at my back. I thought to myself," Don't worry. It will happen so fast, before you know it, you'll be born to a new family in another part of the world."

Before I knew it, I heard a loud bang. I fell to my knees, before fallng flat onto the ground. I felt my hearing disappear, and my eyesight became blurred. Before I knew it, I passed out, but not for long. I felt myself being dragged out by the feet, by the same officer who shot me with the rifle. The white-tiled flooring was stained as he dragged me through 3 rooms. He kept turning right. The moment we were in the thrid room, I slowly regained consciousness. That, was extremely weird and unnatural. How was I, having been shot right in the heart, still be able to be awake? I tasted blood in my mouth. I felt a mild pain in my chest, and my right palm was covered in blood. Perhaps, I unknowingly covered my wound with it when I fell? The officer was still nearby, talking on the phone, asking for a vehicle to take my body to a morgue.

I woke up. I lifted my head up slightly, and took a sweeping glance of the room. Feeling weak, I slowly opened my mouth, which leaked of blood. What about my arms, could I move them? Slowly, I moved my arms slightly. He was still on the phone, and I did not want to surprise anyone with any sudden movement. I jerked. The other officer noticed, and whispered to his colleague, who had just hung up the phone.

"Hey,hey! I think, he just moved."
"You sure? I knew very well I shot him fatally. Maybe it's his last breath."

He picked up my feet, and started dragging me out through the door. The time now, was after sunset. The sky was crimson. By now, I was fully awake, and felt alive, except for the pain in my chest. However, although my heart was still beating weakly, I felt some mild pain there. He turned me over at the carpark after we were out the main door, and there, still breathing, I stared him in the eye. He took a step back. He turned ghostly pale. "Why that look? You haven't killed me yet," I said, softly, blood leaking out like water flowing from a leaking tap each time I spoke a word.

"But how? I shot you straight in the heart."
"Yes, you did. But why am I still alive?"
"Nevermind. Hold him still. Don't worry. I promise you this time you won't feel anything after the shot."

I nodded. He walked over, loaded his revolver, covered its nozzle(is that what its called?) with the back of my head, and almost immediately, he pulled the trigger. I lost consciousness almost immediately. However, after a short while, I felt myself waking once again. This time, I stood up. The officers were still there, and they did not dare to move. My family arrived by car. "Now that you have tried to shoot me to death twice, do you mind letting me return to my family? With those 2 wounds, I don't think I would last beyond tonight." In shock, they nodded, to the extent it seemed as though they were having a fit. He gestered his hand, as if he were anxiously asking me to leave. I got in the car, and by now, the bleeding had stopped.

We got home, and the first thing I did was to head to the bed. My room was still just as messy as ever. Sitting there, I told my parents that I had to cancel the last 3 lessons for driving as soon as possible so that they could get a refund of the fees, and that it was pointless to cancel the test date, for there would be no refund even if we were to give up the slot to someone else. Weirdly, I never told them what to do after I had passed on. My family, and I did not feel nor show any signs of fear, happiness or feel sadness. We were calm. They agreed, and I went to the kitchen to get a drink and something to eat.

It was about 10pm in the night when I went to the secod floor to turn on the desktop. I saw my brother taking the model kit I had bought earlier on the 2nd of September when I took a short tour around Sengkang. (From that, I guessed that day might be my brother's birthday, this saturday, October 10th. But wait. Why would we, or I even drive to Malaysia on a Saturday just to celebrate my brother's birthday? Weird.) Suddenly, just as I was about to log into the computer, I started shaking violently and uncontrollably. "So his is how it feels to say goodbye. Just let me go on for a little longer and see them for one last time, please?"I thought, before waking at 4.38am in the morning.

"Huh? That was a dream? But it felt so real!" With that thought, I started shivering badly, the same way I shivered in that dream. Quickly, I reached out for the comforter I was lying on. Surprisingly, it was folded in half, along the side of the bed. How was I able to do that while I was dreaming? All I remember was lying over it before falling asleep, but not folding it in half as I fell asleep. In addition, why did the room suddenly become so cold, when only the fan was turned on, and the air conditioner was turned off throughout the night? I started to feel fear. What if, that dream really came true? Wouldn't all of us be in trouble? Was the comforter that was folded in half, and the extreme cold I felt upon waking some kind of a warning to prepare for the worst on that day, for the dream would definitely become a reality on the 10th of October, this Saturday? I don't know. If it was really going to happen, I rather stay home all day, if I were going to be the cause of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment