Did the emergency brake and three point turn on that day. The emergency brake(also known as E-brake) is somewhat easy to catch. Simply step on the brakes, followed by the clutch just before the car stops. However, you have got to be fast. Afterall, that's the aim of the E-brake, to stop as quickly as possible to prevent an accident. Had a few tries, and I managed to get it, though I never had the chance to practice it again, due to the heavy traffic in the circuit.
Finally, after so long, we finally went onto the road again, to Chua Chu Kang. Went onto a stretch of road that was empty most of the time to practice the three-point turn. It's easier than the directional change in the circuit, for there's greater room to move the vehicle around. Tried a couple of tmes, before we returned to the circuit for more practise before the session ended. When we did the directional change, I forgot my sighting points and striked the kerb many times. He was disappointed, but I was sure that I could correct my mistakes within the next 3 lessons. Overall, the car stalled twice, once while trying out the three point turn for the first time, and once in the circuit.
The last day of the first week of level 2.2. Had lecture and tutorial for Engineering Design(ED). This module is really interesting and fun, maybe for now. Completed the first topic on motor selection today, and it was kind of easy. As the saying goes, "kindness begets kindness", I helped a friend with a couple of assignments back in August, and apparently, some of those stuff I did back then, would be covered in this module. So far I can be sure that the research I did on gears would help considerably, as I would be away for a camp in three weeks' time, which might cost me valuable lecture time. That lecture and tutorial(lasting 4 hours in all on that day) would cover on gears and gearboxes. This module is also linked to CAD. Went for lunch, back to class for our first Computer Aided Manufacturing(CAM) lecture before we had a 2-hour break.Went back to the IT Helpdesk once again, and this time, after slightly more than 2 hours, he managed to install the software for me. Thanks!
Had two hours of tutorial before we were done for the day. Got the feeling that this semester's got the most challenging, yet interesting modules. Tagged along to Cold Storage before heading home.
Went for an evening run today, and it was great. Nice, windy weather, few obstacles along the way. As planned, went into Bukit Timah Community Club to see if there was a water dispenser I could get a quick drink from, so that I would not need to bring a 1 dollar coin out during each run and wait an aiddtional 5 minutes just to buy a drink. Indeed there was one, just outside the toilets. The water was cold! That's the first time I stopped for a drink halfway through the whole run. On the way back, met Zijie at the bus stop, before completing the last 500metres.
No comments:
Post a Comment