That day was the first time I had my lesson with a different instructor. The car was different s well. The steering wheel was light and easy to control, brakes were less sensitive, and the biting point of the cluth was different thn the car I had been driving for the past 13 lessons. I went halfway round the perimeter of the circuit on the first gear, when he asked if I knew that, as I was using a manual car, there was the constant need to change gears.
Anyways, got used to the car, and soon I was introduced to the features of the circuit. Each turn is labelled with a number. For each left turn, one should turn into the lane after the number. For right turns, one should turn into the lane before the number. There's also a traffic light in the circuit. Something special, is the lights change signals every 7 to 9 seconds. So be sure to proceed slowly(afterall, the car is travelling around the circuit at low speeds). Learnt about the blind wall as well. I stalled a total of three times. The lesson ended well that day, though I had the chance to experience driving in another car.
On to today. This morning was dramatic? Woke at 6.15 immediately after the alarm went off. Wow. And there I was, worried I would not be able to wake in time when I went to bed at 1am the night before. Took a bus to the interchange to transfer to 61 that would take me straight to school in an estimated 40minutes(a fully packed bus is common in the first month of school). There was white smoke coming from a bus when we arrived. Might be a burnout? Might be the brakes instead of the engine as there was no fire(I might be wrong though). The smell was bad, and the thick white smoke attracted a crowd. Boarded the bus at 7.10, and surprisingly, I arrived in school at 7.25(in just 15 minutes). Good thing I had my E63 to help me pass the time.
The first lecture was one that I was looking forward to. Fluid Mechanics. Doesn't seem to be a difficult module, and chances of doing well are high, since I an rest assured the lecturer is none other than the module leader for this semester. Went for the practical briefing after that at 10am. Our lecturer, looked more like a student, though. Went for a 4-hour break from 10 till 2, before having the second and final lecture of the day. Strength of Materials. Seems like I'm having some problems already. Alright. Damn. Wouldn't that mean I would not have y notes tomorrow to study,since I'm lending them to Wei Yong for photocopying tomorrow till Wednesday or Friday? It's alright, it's ok. I'll study Calculus instead.
Painfully, the wait continues slowly
No comments:
Post a Comment