Sunday, October 04, 2009

30 Days Later...

It's been a month hasn't it? Anyways, alot sure has happened in September alone. The start seemed fine, but as the days passed, it just got worse. Felt like a freefall that never ended. Wore a chute on my back, but never saw the need to release it to glide back to thes afety of the ground. This month, I had been dreaming. Lots of dreams that seem so real they might really become a reality in the near future. Some, I wished they would really happen. Some, I hoped not to dream of again. And some, I did not want to come true. However, there is some sort of a pre-requisite for the particular dream to come true. The more things I can remember from a dream, the clearer it is, the greater the chances that particular dream would come true.

First there's something that has been going on since the start of the year, but whether it would end the way I saw in a dream back in July, I really don't know.

Here's the dream. It took place in total darkness. Only voices could be heard. It all started with me meeting a girl, and soon, I came to know another guy and 2 more girls. We started chatting about everything under the sun. However, due to a simple problem about relationships, the bond was badly shaken. Rapidly, we stood strong and recovered. Sadly, things started getting worse, and a friend was lost. The mood was nearly back to normal after that when, all of a sudden I simply lost all connection with them.

On the 5th, I went for a competition. The day before, went with parents and brother to West Mall to change our handsets. My second phone(SE k770i) lost sensitivity to some keys a month back. I got myself the N63. Went home, played around with it a little, before turning in early that night. Had a competition the following morning.

Overslept that Sunday morning, rushed down and got ready. Very chaotic, as I did not know what to do. There was this Chinese student fro NUS, who gave me encouragement instead of giving me the "I'm-so-going-to-get-you-if-I-see-you-at-the-next-round" kind of look. The words,"Don't be so tense" still lingers whenever I remember the moments before the match. He wasn't my opponent. He was the opponent of my opponent. I went down, mentally prepared about the possibilities that I might be breathing my last breath down at the court. Once again, I had dreamt about it back during the June break. I was asked if I was fine at the end of the second round, and I foolishly requested to go on to the end. The dream ended when I was dealt two direct hits to the same spot on my head and I woke in shock.

So, we went in, got ready, and there we exchanged blows. He had the gangster-like look, but I didn't really care. Anyways, he made the first move. A combo to the stomach and head. That one left me seeing double for a couple of seconds. He continued to give me another kick to the chin, but fortunately, that was not considered as a hit. That's the first round. Took a breather, the coach advised me to make the first move in the second round. I did, and secured 2 points. The score now, was 2 to 4. He gave another blow to the head, this time my right, but the score remained. The round ended, still with a score of 2-4. This time I was really feeling giddy. The question came. I decided to go on. I made the first move, but failed to score a point. As I went for the head, he was faster and gave me a direct to the stomach once again, at the same spot. This time, an official and the coach stepped in, called for a medic, and called off the match. Went for lunch with the committee, before heading back, to wait for the prize presentation. I won a bronze.

After that, went to Bugis to meet up with some long lost friends from primary 6. There were 9 of us. Mr and Mrs Choy(Ms Wong, our relief teacher for the first semester in 2003) and their daughter joined us for dinner at Pasta Mania at Bugis. They left after we took photographs together, before we went down to Starbucks to slack till 10.45pm before taking the bus home. Reached home around 12.

Thats pretty much the first week of September. The next day, Monday, was the day I had my first driving lesson. Shall cover that over the next few posts, as I had already completed 19 lessons to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment