One day before I had the 17th lesson, I went for a driving simulator session. There was only the automatic transmission, so there wasn't a need to change any gear during the simulation. Was there with two others, a guy and a girl. From the way he drove, the steering was rather sensitive, but the pedals were the opposite. I went second, and was the only one that session who had no accidents. The main objectives of the session was to allow us to experience accidents without having to start one on the roads, and also to test our reaction times. Mine was the slowest, even I don't know why. That's the first and probably the last time I would have my lessons on Wednesdays.
A day later, I went for my 17th Lesson. Went on the slopes and did the vertical parking. The slope was still something that I was afraid of, and I stalled twice that day on the slope. After going on the slope for about 4 to 5 times that session, I finally overcame that phobia. For once, I managed to maintain my car's position on the slope without the handbrake, and using the half-clutch position, before moving off. Vertical parking is something that was really easy, though there are a couple of times I would turn the car late while reversing.
The second last day of the first week of the semester. Computer-Aided Design(CAD). We used the Wildfire3.0 software for the module, and it's easier to work with than AUTOCAD. However, this module is one that requires practise and is linked to two other modules, Computer-Aided Manufacturing(CAM) and Engineering Design(ED). I can look forward to doing lots of projects this semester, which would make the aim of achieving the full GPA of 4.0 really tough.
Had lunch, before going to the IT Helpdesk to get the software installed on the laptop, however there were some problems and due to time constraints, I would be going back tomorrow to try to get it installed again. Ended up being 10 minutes late for the Advanced Engineering Mathematics module, Calculus. Good thing I read up and prepared for the lecture beforehand. From next week, Thursdays would be just like the previous semester. A day of lessons from 9am to 4pm.
No comments:
Post a Comment