Monday, November 30, 2009

And 2009's November Ends Like That

Once again, another month has passed. Not quite a day I would expect. My first time seeing authentic yellow paint being splashed on the car of the owner of a private home, with placards bearing the trademark "owe money, pay money" slogan. I reached school in my best time of 15 minutes by bus.

School was fine. They were changing the wireless modems at Block 56. I rushed through my tutorials with minimal understanding. I earned myself 3 out of the possible 5% for today's FM quiz. Truly a good wake up call. To think I had overcome that 2 years ago. No practicals after that, so wehad an early lunch, before heading off to study. The rest of the day was rather smooth and not as heavy as compared to the previous week. I finally cleared my doubts for SOM! Not a bad day, as I saw some familiar faces throughout the day.

After school, went to West Mall to purchase a new pack of Kit Kats. There was a girl who was asking around for 3 more stickers to exchange for a voucher. Wanted to help, but I was nowhere near the $15 mark. And so, I went home, before heading out for possibly my last run before the marathon this Sunday. It was about 6.30 when I reached the halfway mark, then there, I saw her again, walking up a bridge with her mom. Wow. Today has been rather coincidental.

The computer, is the source of my worries. Just flip it open, press the button, and I'll have a tsunami of thoughts, plans, assignments, emails, forms and worries gushing toward me at break-neck speed, out through the screen. Just this evening, received a form. It was alright, until the words " Cumulative GPA" appeared. Frankly, whenever the thought of grades come to mind, I see myself riding the world's scariest roller coaster. There was another item, which asked about my final year project or attachment. I have no idea. Guess I can look forward to not taking the long bus ride to Toa Payoh and back to school tomorrow.

I'm getting too complacent. Nothing good lasts forever, except the memories. Just because it has happened once, doesn't mean it would happen again. I'm growing to become overly dependent on memories. That aside, it might be late, but it's definitely time I started running instead of walking. It's now or never. Many places to go, many people to meet. But sadly, they require a certain level of intelligence. It is time.

The night before, I had a similar dream again, except that there were variations.

No comments:

Post a Comment