Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 18 — The person that you wish you could be

If a person like you ever existed, could you tell me how you became like that?


Hi! You may not know me, but I think I might know you. Sometimes, I even dream of being similar to you. Diligent,quick-thinking, humorous and many more. Well, those are just some of the things I'm kind of lacking.


I just hope I could be like you, so that I could become less imperfect to the world, since looks can't be changed freely by the mind alone. I could gain lots of wealth with a personality like yours, maybe fame too. I could do many things, help many more friends, do what I want even!


But then, again, who am I to just become like you overnight, when you obviously took on many challenges that stood in your way, while myself, together with the world, stood at the side, watching you make your way to your peak. You might have all that, but then again, if I were you, I might not enjoy what you were doing. We both have different expectations and beliefs. Similarly, you may not like what I am to begin with too. In the end, we'll be back to being our own, usual selves, living your own lives, walking your own journeys, carving out our own, precious memories.


That being said, just as much as I want to be you, I just wish for the chance to gain some of your ways, so that I too, could become a better individual, who is able to do much more than I currently can.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment