Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day 30 — Your reflection in the mirror

It's him. Again.


Hey you. Yes. Why are you following me? I have enough problems myself already. Would you leave me some time alone?


I just want some peace in here, without anyone there to stop me. Just a moment of silence alone, please?


Alright. Fine. You can stay. It's been 19 years anyway. Why aren't you any better than me? I don't want you to be like me. If I could, I would definitely do whatever I can to turn you into someone better. I just can't. You look like me, do everything like me. I want to help you, but you'll just mirror my actions anyway. What do you want me to do? I really want to help you. I really do. I don't enjoy seeing your sadness paint the window each time I see you. I want to see you, jubilantly jumping around, just like the first time I saw you in the mirror years ago.

I'm a late bloomer. Are you? You don't have to follow me, you know. I'm sure that although you look exactly like me, inside, you are way different. Knowing what move I would make next, is your best ability I have ever known, and no one can beat you at that. Only someone who knows me inside out would be able to, and so far, I know none. You're special, for I see you only on reflective surfaces.


So what if you never found anyone to spend your life with, yet? I haven't either. It's not as if I'm not trying. I don't know how to approach her. Even so, I don't know if I have found her. As for you, if you do know something, would you tell me something? A tip or two? I don't want to die single. I wish to leave this world, with a ring in my finger. Your world, is my gateway to the great unknown. I would like to join you, but I have many plans, wishes and promises to fulfil.


Have you felt what it's like to be lonely, to be ignored? I certainly have. Have you ever wondered, each time I turned to walk away, when I would return, to see you again, at the same place, or somewhere else? I'm sorry, but you are not one of those I look forward to seeing again, for I fear outsmarting your perfect ability to mimic me. Many times I have wondered if I would meet someone again, after seeing his or her back disappearing into the distance, into the crowds. However, I wonder, how great you must be, to be able to appear right where I am, no matter how far, or how long I have travelled from that point we last saw each other.


You never fail to help me get dressed. Always, you point out where I should tidy myself, or if I look perfect for the occasion. I even carry one of your windows to school, so that I could help make my project perfect. You were there too.


If there was someone who could be like you, always there when I needed you, I'm absolutely sure I would never have to live another day in sadness. Yes. You might say I always wear a smile each time I look at you. However, pure and true as it may be, I want to be able to smile just like any other guy out there, who's helplessly in love. Don't worry, I'm sure your day would come as soon as mine does, for I have heard, and seen for myself, that the soul is linked to one's reflection.


PS If you could help me to become happier, please do. I wish to spread it, for a simple, pure smile, is extremely contagious.


With lots of love,Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment