Another tough one. This year, I attended many activities, each with many people, and all of them, changed my life.
I don't know who to start with, so instead, I shall write one to the 2010 YEP team. Being a simple person, I'll just make something general so there shall be no secrets about anyone(as if there were any to hide).
Honestly, I don't know everyone very well. All of us do know a lot about each other, though to me, nothing beats all that without having gone through something with everyone. We all had.
You guys taught me new things in life, many of which are things I did not know were unnecessary. I'm the kind of person who likes to be there for everyone, and where I can't help, I'll be at my worst. Through photography, I have achieved it, though there were times I was tired and wanted a break, but, you guys always come first.
I liked to travel, so much it did not occur to me that I was able to take initiatives to gather like-minded friends to do go on morning walks with me! Even now, I'm planning for a short trip within the island.
The company with everyone, was a great escape from the stress of studying. There was lots more to just the simple stuff we did over there, since there was the administrative work, and the foundation laying for us to do what we went there to do. Lots of effort put in, many times the reward we harvested, though the fruits of our labour was shared with not just us, but the people as well.
Though the place did not change much within the year, travelling with everyone, has shown me that the place might be the same, but the environment does change. No matter where you go, each time you went back to the same place, you can be assured of a different experience, better or worse. That's what makes me like travelling so much. To like the place is one thing, but to embrace what the place has in store, is another.
I guess, as much as I would like to travel, I should do it on my own, or with a group of friends. There's only so much the school can do for the students. Shortly after our return, I registered for another YEP, but decided to withdraw as a student leader, simply due to the fact that I wanted someone else to feel the great joy we all felt during our journey. I wanted to pass a stack of paper and a pen to someone, so that he or she, could write a new chapter into his or her life.
It's more than a year since we all met for the first time, but I'm glad, and amazed, we are still closely knit together as great friends, and I'm sure, we will always stay that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment